Monday, May 4, 2009

Corn Bread

Recipe Photos are the Property of http://serveandeat.blogspot.com

As promised here is my latest recipe Corn Bread. I have made a lot of Corn Bread recipes before and this is one of the best. I don't know what it is but I love the gentle taste of this corn bread and I highly recommend this recipe. It's from the cookbook 500 Fabulous Cakes and Bakes and yes I own this book. This can be eaten with cheese, accompany a meal, dipped in soup or taken on a family out door trip. So here's the recipe and it's absolutely divine.

This is a very quick, easy and simple recipe. It took no time at all and everyone loved it completely so I'll be making this recipe again. Probably as a stuffing for turkey or for breakfast.

Corn Bread ( adapted from the above mentioned cookbook. I made a few substitutions)

INGREDIENTS

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar ( I used this but the recipe said castor sugar)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 cups Primosa cornmeal (You can use type of cornmeal or polenta)
1 and 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
6 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I used this ingredient but the recipe stated 1/2 cup melted margarine)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/ 400 degrees F/ Gas 6. Then line a 23 by 13cm/ 9 by 5 inch loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.

2. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, cornmeal or polenta and stir to blend. Make a well in the centre. Whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter and oil. Pour the mixture into the well. Stir until just blended; do not overmix.

3. Pour into the tin and bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.


Bon Appetite
Jannishal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hillsong Music